About Me

My photo
Alcalá de Henares, Madrid, Spain
I recently earned my Masters in History at NWMSU and am now working as a language assistant in a Spanish elementary school.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Cervantes Festival

This weekend was the Cervantes festival in Alcalá de Henares. Cody and I went to the Plaza Cervantes Friday and Saturday. There were many street vendors selling crafts, spices, and foods. I had quite a bit of chorizo and a kebab. There were also several people displaying certain trades like blacksmiths, printers, marble sculptors, and ceramicists. All of the vendors and workers wore period costumes as seen in the pictures and many street performers from Madrid showed up. The festival attracts people from all over Spain and I even heard the people in one booth speaking Portuguese. Here are the pictures:
I didn't have any of the octopus from the picture above, but I wanted some. It was quite expensive at ten euros for a small dish.


2 comments:

  1. There is no way that I would of tried that boiled octopus..............

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with your dad about the octopus! Great photos of the festival! I love the photos of the street vendors.

    ReplyDelete